View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010   #75
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Second Edition: badboy, beerlover, rmartin65 Texans Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I like his pass covg...he's decent in that area, but he shy's away from contact from what I've seen...

Also, Fred Bennet was thought to be solid after his rookie yr. as well...

I'm not sure why McCain is thought to be "very solid"...I can remember a few times last yr. where he looked opposite of "very solid"...Of course I chalked it up to rookie mistakes, but I am not ok with not bringing in competition for guys who are not penciled in starters and even some starters need some heat applied to their backsides...
When I say solid I am speaking about what I want in a Cb and what our new defensive coaches seem to value. My corners have to have speed. It's to easy to guess wrong and have to quickly recover your position. I prefer a CB that will sometime take a chance a break on the ball. I was hoping former Texan P. Buchannan (sp?) would be our "cover CB". I want a guy that can do more than tackle a WR to stop a TD. You are right that McCain looked like a rookie sometimes but so did DR last season. Just saying for a 6th he brings more that 4.33 speed. Bennett had a great R. year. A poster said he had "something" not quite defined that messed him up emotionally involving a hospital and someone he knew if I remember correctly. He did not recover last season and needs to really step up to re-gain what he had.