View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010   #74
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Second Edition: badboy, beerlover, rmartin65 Texans Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I think the thing with Tate is that it is his "turn" to be on the board. By that I mean that players go through phases on this board. A player gets the spotlight. First, guys decide if they are impressed or not. The amount of impressed people wanes as time goes on, it is a natural human phenomenon.

At one point, each of the top backs have had their "time". Spiller was all the rage, Gerhart, Mathews and Dwyer all had time as "the guy". Tate performed admirably on the post season/pre draft, it is natural that people are turning on to him.

That said, when I look on my notes from the season, I still like Gerhart over Tate. I know I am biased, but in Tate I saw a back with all the tools that has not put it together yet. Also, most of his big runs were to the outside. I want the guy who can break them up the gut. Oh, and dont show me a highlight clip with some runs up the middle. I said most of his big runs.
I understand what your saying about the natural phenomenon. Like I said my guy was Hardesty. But when I found out about all of these RB's injury histories going with the RB with the most healthy injury history would seem like the most prudent thing to do. All things being =

Tate is a fine inside runner. It's just that Auburns interior OL stunk. Kinda like the Texans interior OL last season.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote