View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This mock took me two hours to do because of my spelling please post

I like the first 5 picks. You've given it some good thought. And for those first 5 picks, it doesn't look like you've shifted anyone out of where they should be expected to fall. You also didn't reach for anyone.

Now. Spelling. You asked about it. (I'm going to include grammar as well. And because I'm doing this, I'm going to make some sort of huge grammatical or spelling mistake. Count on it.)

1. Be consistent with capitalization. first round pick has no caps while all the other titles have the initial letters capped: first round pick vs. Second Round Pick.
2. Runingback -- Running Back
3. mathews -- Mathews
4. a comma after "4.37 40" not a period.
5. doupt -- doubt
6. texans pick -- Texans' pick. It's possessive and a proper noun.
7. I would put a period after "Texans' pick" and then say "Kyle Wilson will be gone, too."
8. kyle wilson -- Kyle Wilson. It's a name.
9. "gone too" -- "gone, too"
10. so -- So. Capitalize the beginning of a sentence.
11. ryan mathews -- Ryan Mathews. It's a name.
12. "Since he is the best fit at runing back, and the best overall pick at number 20" is not a sentence. You shouldn't have put the period after Ryan Mathews.
13. runing back -- running back.

I'm going to stop there. But those aren't the only problems. I think every sentence has at least one problem even the ones I think you copied from websites. For example, I think "A big tackle that had 34 tackles, 11.5 tackles for loss, and 5.5 sacks" came from WalterFootball's website but you clipped the period from the end of the sentence.

Anyway, good work on the mock, man. Keep working on those English skills, though.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote