View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010   #68
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Second Edition: badboy, beerlover, rmartin65 Texans Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I like this draft as a whole...But I do not know about two of the picks...

The 2nd RB and the late round QB...

I would take two more defensive players there...

I think if we want another RB then we can go the UFA route...

If we took another CB and a D-linemen I think that would make us a stronger team...Fred Bennet, Antwaun Molden, and Brice McCain need competition to make this roster...I would not be upset at all if we took 2 corners in this draft...
the hardest thing about doing a mock draft is not including or having the ability to make trades.

trades are a big part of the draft day experience. it's still fun to debate who teams might pick but somewhat meaningless in the final anaylsis, just too many variables. trading down with San Diego so they could select Mathews was discussed behind closed doors weeks ago. I'm thinking even now the Texans could even trade back in the 2nd for addtional value then select Toby Gerhart, but reality is even though alot of Texans fans might not grade him this high he will be gone by the 81st pick, hence we took our shot, something the Texans needed to do last year (Shonn Greene). lesson learned, we hope!

according to the Texans & Rick Smith they feel pretty good @ CB so one premium pick may even be a little overboard.

so this was the best we could agree on given the circumanstances & parameters allowed.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote