View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010   #65
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Second Edition: badboy, beerlover, rmartin65 Texans Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I like this draft as a whole...But I do not know about two of the picks...

The 2nd RB and the late round QB...

I would take two more defensive players there...

I think if we want another RB then we can go the UFA route...

If we took another CB and a D-linemen I think that would make us a stronger team...Fred Bennet, Antwaun Molden, and Brice McCain need competition to make this roster...I would not be upset at all if we took 2 corners in this draft...
Actually during our hours of debate while creating this 2nd mock, I had suggested A Cb (Crezdon Butler) in 6th. However, the three of us agree that while we need another solid CB we have two starters in Quin and Reeves an McCain is doing very well and faster than the first two. RB is different as we do not have a starter or much else for certain. Even if Slaton return healthy and reverts to his rookie year, we want his role reduced to what he was drafted for. Moats? Earned his check as a back up but does not excite anyone. Foster? We have minimal history to judge him on. A team like Texans that the coach wants a heavy running game needs twol solid backs that can ground the ball down the field. Hopefully Foster and Gerhart will do it. Bell at this pick is truly a value selection.
QB? We discussed UDFA but by using a 7th you can get what you want at often a cheaper price than UDFA.

Also, I think you are wrong on Brice McCain needing competition. He is very solid.