View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010   #63
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Second Edition: badboy, beerlover, rmartin65 Texans Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
The more I think about it the more I really like this draft. The only thing I might change would be Tate for Gerhart, but then again you guys know more about this stuff then I do.

By the way, thanks for putting all this together, you guys have really got me hooked on the draft now! I've learned a ton from you guys about all of the players (college ball gets no coverage up here).
TC, I am basically a fan that is interested in Houston area sports with some exceptions. I rarely watch an NFL, NBA or baseball game if there is no impact on my team. The Super Bowl is only championship game I watch. After becoming a draft nut several years ago, I began watching a lot more college. That is not necessarily a good thing because I often am about to drop off to sleep and a player will pop into mind and I am up and back in the living room starting a new mock or working a trade.

Tate is a good back but I have actually watched Toby Gerhart after RMARTIN65 told me about him. He is not the typical "power back" of 230lbs like a Dixon. TG fits our scheme and is a "one cut & go" back although some disagree about this. He is very difficult to bring down and would have great value @ #81. AFter hours of discussing him we decided he probably will not be there and we moved him to our #51. We like Mathews more but would have to use a first. By selecting Thomas and Gerhart we fill two "priority" needs with what we think are the best players. Kyle WIlson CB was in the mix also at #20. Thanks for your comments.