View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010   #20
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How bout this draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
You didn't tell me anything I didn't already know there Cak. I know they needed de. It gets stated because it is a fact even though it wasn't a need like de. If his old college coach had some insight that Okoye was something going to be special I think he may have lobbied for him. The first round is supposed to be bpa with common sense of course. I also know Atlanta drafted a bust de (Jamaal Anderson). And I'm also not saying Okoye is a bust yet either but rather making the point that he was not the closest to a sure thing as stated. And to pass on a much surer bet like Willis didn't make much since imho.
I don't normally use terms like sure thing. My point was simply Okoye was ranked where he was taken and was a very very well respected prospect as was Willis. The Texans didn't reach for him and I back to the initial point don't think his college coach passing on him was a reflection on him so much as exactly the opposite of what about - going need over bpa which would have been Willis, Reevis or Okoye over Anderson.