View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010   #19
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How bout this draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I don't understand why this ever gets stated. The Falcons pressed a need at DE. That isn't a reflection on Okoye. Oh and they ended up with a bust pick. Okoye has three times the sacks Anderson has. That's some great judgment to refer to.
You didn't tell me anything I didn't already know there Cak. I know they needed de. It gets stated because it is a fact even though it wasn't a need like de. If his old college coach had some insight that Okoye was something going to be special I think he may have lobbied for him. The first round is supposed to be bpa with common sense of course. I also know Atlanta drafted a bust de (Jamaal Anderson). And I'm also not saying Okoye is a bust yet either but rather making the point that he was not the closest to a sure thing as stated. And to pass on a much surer bet like Willis didn't make much since imho.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote