View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010   #14
SF49erFaithful
Crabtree FTW

Rep Power: 41 SF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: SF49erFaithful's Annual Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
I think Earl Thomas is so close to what Ronnie Lott was when he came out, San Fransisco will have a very hard time passing him up. I've got him slotted for their seventeen.
It's possible, but I really doubt it. First of all, the 49ers have before stated that they don't believe in drafting safeties early because they feel like they can be found later on in the draft. I'm sure however, they would think otherwise if a supreme talent like Eric Berry was in the equation. In addition, the niners are all about drafting big and physical DBs to compete with the bigger WRs in our division, and Thomas certainly isn't a big or physical safety. The only way I see us drafting him is if we put him at CB.....but even then I think that is highly unlikely. A couple years ago we drafted Reggie Smith with the intention of putting him at CB, but he couldn't cut it there so now he is at S. Indeed, Thomas is a different prospect but I feel like the experience showed the 49ers that a S to CB is risky, especially with a 1st round pick on the line.