View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010   #14
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How bout this draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
I understand that the Texans have had problems drafting Dt's in the first round. But that doesn't mean that they ignore that option. What if Mathews is gone by the Texans pick? They have to consider price. I have also listened to some of Brian's interviews, he is a very impressive young man. I also like that he is described as an overachiever. I like an overachiever with talent. Can't beat that combination.
There wasn't a more sure thing coming out than Amobi Okye. OK....so what the point of the post is is there is a great risk to hit one of the six percenters at Dt who become studs. Now if you hit it's fine. But why wouldn't you wait on the DT ? Isn't the value later in the draft on DTs ? They have to improve the rushing attack. And all evidence so far is they will do it with a back. So my Question to your question is what if Steve Slaton is not on line by September ? Then what ? What we know for a fact that at sixteen touches a game Steve Slaton broke down in 2009. I mean I'm with you in one respect. I do what I have to do to get Iupati and shore up the rushing attack. That's should be priority one. Only so many Houdini third and longs Matt has in the tank, then we're going to pay a heavy price. Matt goes down, won't matter who the CBs are or the Rb or the DT is. We're toast.