View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010   #9
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How would you feel about this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
So exactly what gets the rushing attack out of the cellar ? I did this too. But, the elephant in the room this draft is getting the offense out of third and long. You've got Brisiel coming back and the new guy beating out Myers ? They have to have a rushing attack or we're going just as far as Schaub and A.J. takes them. So far that's been right around .500. so you've got

Brown-Studdard- New Guy or Myers- Brisiel or Caldwell or Johnson- Eric.

And the other thing is Johnson's 5.4 forty. We got no lineman that slow. None. Unless we're switching once again and abandoning the ZBS ? I like Johnson but he is a poor choice for this scheme.
There is no magic button to get us out of the "cellar" but drafting a talented guard from a program like Alamaba can only help.

With Brisel coming back, Pitts maybe coming back, Mike Johnson, and our FA acquisiton, we should be able to form a decent line with good depth.

Plus I think a bigger guy like Dixon should be able to smash through on some 3rd and shorts. He is a guy who will punish defenders if they give him the chance.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote