View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010   #30
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lance Zierlein - Mock Draft Version 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
there is inherent risk with any player regardless DIV 1 vs DIV 2 they all have to lace it up, strap it on & see who has what it takes. I have no reservation that Awasi will make it somewhere in the NFL. As we work on our 2nd Texans Mock Draft this was discussed (agreed to play it safe) some people think just because he played @ a small school his draft stock should reflect lesser competition faced, in most cases I would agree but we should always be open to exceptions of this rule, some players are just late bloomers or in difficult situations they have to overcome. one thing that's so compelling about the NFL draft is you really get a sense of cream rising to the top, just look @ what DeMarcus Ware, TROY or Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie TENNESSEE STATE have accomplished.
Remember, I spend alot of time scouting the small school players. I am very familiar with Ansah, and feel that his "bust factor" is higher than most players. He was so much more athletic than his competition, he did not have to worry about technique. I worry about his physicality. He reaches for tackles instead of really putting his body into it. Like he knows what he should do, but he does not really want to do it.

High upside, but high risk.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote