View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010   #20
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kiper/McShay Duel Mock 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Insert Mt. Cody here. Ive seen mocks where hes fallin to the 3rd and 4th rounds. I know hes a fat boy with bad work ethic, but he is a brick wall run stuffer. Just sayin, size matters at this position and it could fit your "chip on the shoulder" profile perfectly.
I would not touch Cody anywhere in the draft. Eh, I take that back, I would go 5th round and back.

Contrary to popular belief, the defensive tackle position is more than just big fat guys standing there. Those guys are true athletes that have to be in great condition. They are getting hit on every play. That takes alot out of you. They are constantly exploding against the offensive line, occasionally against two linemen at a time, each weighing about 300 pounds. The kind of effort that that takes, just to avoid getting pancaked is phenomenal. Now add trying to actually trying to make a play, pushing these 300+ pound behemoths out of the way while trying to locate the ball.

Cody, at 350 pounds, does not have the endurance to do this for more than 15 snaps a game at the pro level. And to make matters worse, he does not seem to care about getting into shape to be able to play more during games. He showed up at the Senior Bowl terribly heavy. And at the combine he was lighter, but declined to bench. Does this mean he lost muscle? He does not care enough to work on his body to get into the NFL, do you really think he is going to work hard to maintain it after his million dollar contract?

He would be worth the risk in the 5th and beyond.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote