View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010   #18
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51932 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kiper/McShay Duel Mock 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Good post gtexan. To add to what you're saying, it seems it takes longer for a D-Lineman to acclimate to the NFL. Certainly there are exceptions, but for the most part it takes a few years. I think this may add to why so few have gone to the pro bowl... I'd be interested in the Pro Bowl roster at DT over the last several years and where those "veterans" were selected.

DB's seem to be able to make a quicker impact or at least able to pile up some stats that make people take notice (pass deflections, interceptions) vs. DT's that don't show up in the stat sheet. Also pro bowl is notorious to take well known players over others.

I would add this though. I think we'd have a higher percentage chance of taking a CB early and him making the pro bowl than a DT.
I think thats a really good point. DTs are usually more of project type players than immediate impact players. Looking back through the drafts, its funny to see names (both DTs and DBs) who were can't miss prospects that I would have traded the bank for. Many of those guys I haven't heard from since