View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010   #17
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kiper/McShay Duel Mock 3.0

Good post gtexan. To add to what you're saying, it seems it takes longer for a D-Lineman to acclimate to the NFL. Certainly there are exceptions, but for the most part it takes a few years. I think this may add to why so few have gone to the pro bowl... I'd be interested in the Pro Bowl roster at DT over the last several years and where those "veterans" were selected.

DB's seem to be able to make a quicker impact or at least able to pile up some stats that make people take notice (pass deflections, interceptions) vs. DT's that don't show up in the stat sheet. Also pro bowl is notorious to take well known players over others.

I would add this though. I think we'd have a higher percentage chance of taking a CB early and him making the pro bowl than a DT.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote