View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010   #12
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kiper/McShay Duel Mock 3.0

Too many people to quote!

Yes having a deep draft means you can find good value at certain positions. DT and CB look like those positions for this draft. Just commenting towards that fact (well guess its an opinion really).

DT in the first round... no joke about giving us heartburn. Sure as heck makes me nervous, no doubt about it.

Getting onto our DL. I think a number of things point to DT being the pick. Not saying it will but saying its a definite possibility. I thought TC had a great write up that could be used to maybe think like the coaches think. Link ->Cold Hard Football Facts Thread

Regarding our DL, they came up with a Defensive Hog Index which is an indicator that ranks teams based on three areas: ability to stop the run, ability to get pressure on the quarterback and ability to get off the field on third down. The found the Texans (ranked #21) were below average in all three areas last year.

I think with the F.O.'s investment on the DL (Mario, Amobi, Smith and Barwin) that they will continue giving those guys every opportunity to be successful.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote