Originally Posted by LonerATO
1. Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno State
2. Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers
3. Mike Johnson, OG, Alabama
4. Mike Neal, DT, Purdue
5. Major Wright, FS, Florida
6a. Walter Thurmond, CB, Oregon
6b. John Estes, C/OG, Hawaii
7. Boo Robinson, DT, Wake Forest
1. Mathews, he's a good player and right for our system, I just don't see him or any other RB as a 1st round need. Good player and pick, just not what I would have chosen.
2. McCourty, I don't know alot about this guy but everything I read is very positive. He might not be available at #51.
3. Johnson, I doubt seriously that he's still available when we pick but if he is it's a great choice. He'll probably go in the 2nd or very early 3rd round.
4. Neal, I don't know anything about this guy either.
5. Wright, Good pick this far down, it's a very deep S class so some decent talent should be down here.
6. Thurmond, I don't like this guy, I've seen some video on him and he was very unimpressive and slow. This late in the draft I'd go for Walter McFadden who's got decent size, great speed, and he played against the best talent in the SEC.
6. Estes, I don't know alot about this guy either but what I've heard has been positive and we'll need some later round O-line depth. Good pick.
7. Robinson, Good pick, he wasn't real productive in college but he should be good rotational depth and he supposedly has a real good work ethic.
I like the order in which you prioritized our choices by position and then added depth at those same positions later in the draft. Very good.