View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010   #9
Lucky

Rep Power: 158395 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mock 1st round Grade Yourself

2002 - I wanted Carr over Harrington. Thought going for a QB to start a franchise was the way to go.

2003 - Wanted Terrell Suggs, but was OK with AJ. Did not want to touch Rogers with a 10 ft pole.

2004 - Wanted Wilfork. Couldn't believe Tommy Harris was still on the board at #10, but realized it was a bad fit for the 3-4. Had never seen Dunta play prior to the Texans taking him.

2005 - Wanted Jamaal Brown or Alex Barron. Couldn't believe Derrick Johnson was on the board and the Texans passed. Was OK with Travis.

2006 - Wanted Reggie Bush (not going to lie). Was OK with Mario, and thought he and D'Brickashaw would be the best players from the draft in 5 years. Did not want Vince Young.

2007 - Dreamed of Peterson and was disappointed that Levi Brown was not available. Was very satisfied with Amobi Okoye at #10.

2008 - Had hoped Chris Williams or Jonathan Stewart would fall. At 18, wanted Talib, but was OK with trade down. Was happy about taking a LT in the 1st, but knew little about Brown prior to the draft.

2009 - Wanted a pass rusher like Orakpo or Maybin. Knew the choice would come down to Cushing or Matthews, and preferred Cushing.

Grade? Horrible. Horrible minus. Fortunately, I'm not employed by the Texans. I give them $$$, and that means I'm on the correct side of the equation. But, that won't stop me from putting my $0.02 in this time around.