View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010   #13
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My post Combine mock...let's hear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I could wait until the 5th rd. to go get Ross (A) realize he's nothing special (Lance says the same thing about Tate) that seems to be what Texans thrive on isn't it on both interior lines? Has gotten bigger/stronger through the years and carries his weight well. Fairly quick and active for his size. Good stamina. a rotational late rd. DT that's what you get & hopefully he is blessed with enough athletic talent to keep improving. The reason I like ECU guys including Joseph (B) is they have size & are athletic, heck they have a decent Center Sean Allen (C) all-conference USA 1st team, a pretty under the radar RB Dominique Lindsay (D) not even the highest rated that goes to C.J. Wilson (E) also 1st team USA someone is going to do their homework on him & get a legit 3-4 DE or 4-3 LDE 6'2 7/8 290 long arms, strong & explosive.
(A) (B) (C) (D) (E)
I've watched ECU closely over the past 4 or 5 years as well and one thing that ECU has had throughout that time is a good defensive line. This year they have 3 NFL prospects. C.J Wilson is an extremely disruptive DE, I would watch out for someone taking him in the 2nd round. 6-3 290 lbs, he would be an immediate upgrade to Bulman, and could eventually push Antonio Smith. Jay Ross is kind of an unsung hero in that defense because Joseph is as good but much bigger. I would take Jay Ross in the 5th round, even if I had already taken a DT earlier, he can push the pocket and is solid against the run.

What do you think of Van Eskridge? Some people seem to really like him but I think he is too inconsistent.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote