View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 57901 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My post Combine mock...let's hear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Thanks. I moved Tate to the 2nd round because he had a great Combine and is most likely going in the end of the 2nd to top 3rd and is my favorite RB, besides Spiller, he is just custom made to be a Texan he's perfect for our system. I moved Linval Joseph up to the 4th for the same reason, though getting him there may require a little luck to be there at our pick in the 4th. I still worry about his height being an issue but it obviously wasn't an issue in college because he's got really good prodution. This is a super deep Safety class so Myron Lewis or Robert Johnson or some other mid level FS should fall a little. Thomas Austin might require a little luck as well but most folks have Sergio Render rated higher and Austin could fall a little. NFLdraftscout has him listed as a 7th-FA so it might be plausible. I really don't know much about Church but he's got good size and speed and frankly Ferguson and Barber suck so upgrading them wouldn't be that difficult. McFadden is listed as a 7th-FA on the sites I've looked at but he's got good speed and played against SEC competition. Everything but speed is coachable and you can never have to many CB's. Also there's no risk in the 7th round, he can go on the practice squad in case of injury. Even if he sucks it's not like Bennett or Molden have provided anything for the last 2 years, their just leaches on a paycheck.
I like Tate too, think he surprised some people but not me as much because I've always focused on his total game which was really not on exhibit @ the combine anyway so it doesn't change his draft grade from 3rd to 2nd. What is does change is how I stack the RB's in the 3rd. As far as favorite backs go in this draft to me its more like Spiller 1a & Ryan Mathews 1b.

Joseph is just too damn good to last that long (stacked bottom of 2nd rd. DT's). scouts know this if the public doesn't. I've watched ECU closely since the Chris Johnson days, they're alot like Georgia Tech program in that they are blessed with some amazing football talent, yet remain under the radar. Linvals running mate Jay Ross is probably worth a 4th. He would be an excellent rotational DT as a one gap 4-3. Good interior size @ 6'3" 313 long arms & big hands ran a 5.11 forty & did 30 reps 6 more than Gerald McCoy. Like his game film too not as strong or diruptive as Joseph, hence the lower grade but definitly NFL caliber.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote