So, KEYE has issues every season...do they play the Texans games (you know...the team ACTUALLY FROM TEXAS!!!!) or the Tennessee Vince Youngs. I tried to come up with a draft that actually helps our Texans' cause from a Texas television standpoint AND with picks that actually fit needs...no Colt McCoy...sorry Longhorn Honks (although initially I did have him as our 2nd rounder
1. Earl Thomas CB/FS Texas - seriously fills a gap in our roster AND gives KEYE a Longhorn to hype up.
2. Perrish Cox CB OK State - not a Longhorn, but a Big XII guy who not only fills a Houston need, but could bring some OK State fans to the viewing audience.
3. Lamarr Houston DT Texas - The guy's name is HOUSTON. He can get at a passer and disrupt play. He's a Longhorn. KEYE would be stupid to show a Tacks game with Longhorn Houston on a Texans roster...unless the Tacks were facing our beloved Texans. This one is a no-brainer.
4. LaGarrette Blount RB Oregon - no Texas ties, but what good Texan wouldn't watch in hopes that someone talks noise to Blount and LaGarrette rings the fool's bell? Plus, he can run the ball pretty damn well.
5. Brandon Carter OG Texas Tech - another Big XII guy that would be a welcome addition in the middle of the line. Guns up! Austin Raider fans would love to see this mauler play on Sundays.
6. Eric Olsen C Notre Dame - We need a Center that isn't a Smurf.
6. Lonyae Miller RB Fresno State - With Ryan Matthews going in the first, early second, why not take the guy who runs the same offense and puts up pretty good numbers?
7. Hunter Lawrence PK Texas - KEYE's sporting director will have fainted from blood rushing from his head to his nether-regions when the Texans draft this Longhorn favorite clutch kicker. This pick would seal the deal and we'd never have to be subjected to a Meatballs over Texans game day debacle again.