Thread: Its Time
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
I made this point in another thread (I am pretty sure it was the probowl thread), but Davis has to get 2000 yards to get to the probowl. Its that simple. He has to compete with LT, Ricky Williams, Corey Dillion, Priest Holmes, Travis Henry, Jamal Lewis, Edge and Fred Taylor. LT got snubbed last year and he had like 1500 yards and a 100 catches.

I dont care if he bulked up, I want him to add some speed. He is very quick, but doesnt have the 2nd gear to pull away for a 50 yrd TD.
I agree that DD is a long shot--IMO going into the season, the easiest 3 RB's to see going to the pro-bowl are Lewis, Holmes and Tomlinson. Dillon went to the Patriots--not sure I see him grinding out 1500 yards in their offense. Portis is going to a new team and the new team is going to a whole new system--probably some adjustment period for both. Ricky only averaged 3.5 ypc last year and the Dolphins' whole O-line is new. Taylor seems to have a hard time finding the end-zone--with 50% (110) more carries, he had 2 less TD's. If healthy, I would expect DD to beat out Henry and Edge--his stats from last year projected over the season would have been significantly better. Still seems like one of the toughest positions to break into the pro-bowl.

More speed would be nice, but solid running and consistancy, i.e. not getting injured, is more important IMO. By the way DD did have a run over 50 yds last year--it was 51--to bad it didn't start at the 49. As another aside--Holmes' longest run was 31 yds. IMO Capers has good definitions for big plays--15 yards for runs, 20 yards for passes.