View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010   #8
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Steel B's pre combine/FA mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Not a big DT in the first fan . But they do have a history of doing this. And I still say if they do it, It'll be Kollar's pick. And it is more likely, IMHO, that Ordick will be that pick, not Price or Williams.

If you know something we don't please do tell. They have never done this. The common theme on just about every player Smith and Kubes has selected is they are smart....they are of high character. Getting busted for drugs in a college environment tells you two things right off the bat. They are not smart. And they are not of high character.

I can see them desperate enough to throw the high character thing away and take Legarrette. If they do that, we'll know the prognosis on Slaton is not as rosy as they are letting on. Or, they missed their targeted o-lineman the first four rounds. In other words they would have to be pretty desperate and be facing a certain disaster.

Overall liked the mock. Hit all the sore spots except CB early. But I'm with you on that one. I see no one with in range of twenty who is going to beat out what they already have on the roster in 2010. Not going to happen. If the scouts find one in the latter rounds who we can groom up and we can trim some of the roster fat...they will have earned their oats.

Last.....doubling up on the o-linemen is never a bad thing. We're three concussions or one bad play away from having to redo the QB slot. Get the QB, protect the QB, Defend the QB, everything else is just noise. Matt has to have a running game.
Thanks for the reply.

We've got the same philosophy gettingthe QB/protecting annd defending the QB. The Texans have tried to out defend Manning for years. (Aint gonna happen) They need to fix the problems on offense. They are close to having an elite unit on this team. For the 1st time might I add.

Coker hasn't had a problem with drugs in 4 yrs. I would give him a chance. McNair wont.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote