Thread: 4th and 5th
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010   #7
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 4th and 5th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I usually trust Kipers opinion regarding player evaluations, he puts alot of time and effort into the evaluation process, and I had heard his opinion regarding Thomas Austin. It surprises me though that Austin is rated so low amongst OG. I don't know a lot about Verner other than what I've read of others opinions and most have said that he's a sleeper in the late rounds. I've read that he doesn't have elite speed but that he takes great angles, reads the QB well, and reads/anticipates the route well.
Well watch the drills Saturday morning. The forty and the drills will sort all of them out. My knee jerk on Austin is that he is slow of foot. He gets near 5.2, and ranks in the top five in the cone drills he can play guard for us.