View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010   #6
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Steel B's pre combine/FA mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I like the Butler pick but I hate the Wallace pick. That kid is a *****. He has never hit anybody and I don't think he ever will. Athletic? Yes. Football player? No.

I love the Mathews pick but I don't think he is gonna be there. I've been saying all along that I think this kid will eventually wind up in the first round. I'm glad that some of y'all are starting to come around on him.

I don't like the Williams pick either. I think he will be a good player but I don't think he is what we need. I don't think we need a run stuffer. We need somebody that can pentrate the pocket and pressure the QB. I think that is what our scheme demands from all four d linemen, not just the ends.

Overall you did a good job. If it fell this way I wouldn't be completely satisfied, but I wouldn't complain too much. You have really good picks at 2, 3, 4, and 5B.
Williams can shoot the gaps. He also requires double teams. He is very physical. Which is something this team has been lacking forever. Williams is comparableto Casey Hampton. IMHO Monte Kiffin spoke highly of his work ethic last season.

When it comes to late rd picks I try to peg guys that have the athletic ability of guys that are picked much higher. But didn't reach there potential because of injuries or didn't get along with their coach. Past drug problems but have stayed clean for 2-3 yrs. Only about 30% of guys picked after rd 4 make the NFL. That's why I dont think there's much to lose taking chances on guys like this in rds 5/7.

Hence the Butler and Wallace picks. I agree with you about Butler and Wallace. That's why I chose both of them. They both have no.1 CB ability and the gamble is a good that one of them will hit. If both of them hit you've struck gold on the cheap.

You should check out highlights of Coker who also fits the criteria of my draft theory stated above. He's the real deal. Fastest RB in the draft. IMHO

Faster and more physical than Spiller.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote