View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010   #14
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football Guy's Member Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
Now I am not usually a RB in the 1st type guy, but you passed on C. J. Spiller RB Clemson, who I have been seeing going as high as top ten. Spiller is a RB with sub 4.4 speed and good size, 5-11 195, I've seen him listed at 205, thankfully it's combine week and we see the real measurements. Back to my point, I have a hard time taking a FS with size questions, when a true franchise RB is on the board. FYI he has not had a single fumble in his college career with over 600 carries.

Is he superman, no. But at 20 he is a solid pick. BTW Spiller is the only RB in this draft that I consider at 20.

Adding Spiller to Slaton and Foster would give us a solid RB core.

And then in the 2nd I would love for us to take Matthews, even if we take Spiller, if you don't want 2 RB this high, I go with Donovan Warren, CB, Michigan.

Overall not a bad effort on your part
There is a very good argument that I should have went Spiller in round 1 and Allen in round 2. My concern was is is Spiller is a better Slaton versus giving us a player who brings something else. When I look at him I think he is heavier than than the 195, but I don't really know for sure. that will be settled this weakend though. Thanks for replying.