View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010   #12
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football Guy's Member Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
The Houston Texans select Earl Thomas DB University of Texas

The ability of Thomas to be a cover safety and/or potential even play corner makes him the pick here. The need is a defensive back with ball skills from either position. If Dunta Robinson goes via free agency then Thomas has the cover skills to play CB. If Robinson returns, then the okay, but not special Eugene Wilson becomes quality veteran depth. Earl's weakness is against the run, but paired with Pollard he would not be placed in a run support situation very often.
Now I am not usually a RB in the 1st type guy, but you passed on C. J. Spiller RB Clemson, who I have been seeing going as high as top ten. Spiller is a RB with sub 4.4 speed and good size, 5-11 195, I've seen him listed at 205, thankfully it's combine week and we see the real measurements. Back to my point, I have a hard time taking a FS with size questions, when a true franchise RB is on the board. FYI he has not had a single fumble in his college career with over 600 carries.

Is he superman, no. But at 20 he is a solid pick. BTW Spiller is the only RB in this draft that I consider at 20.

Adding Spiller to Slaton and Foster would give us a solid RB core.

And then in the 2nd I would love for us to take Matthews, even if we take Spiller, if you don't want 2 RB this high, I go with Donovan Warren, CB, Michigan.

Overall not a bad effort on your part
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote