View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010   #15
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mel Kiper (ESPN) mock draft #2

I'm a huge GTech fan, and a huge proponent of Demaryius Thomas, but those who want to talk about the effects of the triple option on possibly distorting the perception of a player, BayBay's a prime example.

He's got the size, speed, and hands to be a long-time NFL player. But, I see a lot of pundits using his YPC as evidence of such. His YPC is the result of the offense he played in. They're not the result of running crisp routes, breaking a couple of tackles, and taking it to the house, the latter of which he did do with regularity, BTW, rather, the result of defenses disproportionately focusing on the run, leaving a DB on an island and Thomas beating him.

Again, I think Thomas is a legit pro and I'd love to have him, but those expecting those kinds of YPC numbers in the NFL will be disappointed.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote