View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010   #6
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wolf6151 latest mock, pre-combine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Kubiac recently responded that Pitts is "ready to go today". While never a super star he played pretty well for years and this was his first season to miss a game. I don't see any guard beating him out next year as a starter which allows time to develop the LG. I can see Pitts as wanting to stay with his drafting team for his last contract and accept a reasonable increase. I can see drafting Johnson to replace Pitts next season (if he can) but if you are going to do that, why not a similar guard later? I also think part of Pitts problem was a new LT he had to help out every season. Even Salaam. In fact, Winston mentioned that on his radio show on 610 about 6 weeks ago.

What do you think about the Arkansas OG Petrus in comparison to Johnson?
Foster did pretty well behind our Oline last 3 games. If Gettis was a starter he would not be in 7th. That body with that unbelievable speed, you can coach him to run patterns and get loose, especially with AJ and our TE's. Holding the ball may be an issue, but we have dealt with that on much higher draft picks than a 7.

I think that Mike Johnson would be an upgrade over Pitts and would be much cheaper than Pitts' FA contract. I also like Mitch Petrus and considered swapping 2nd and 3rd round priorities to 2nd RB Anthony Dixon and 3rd OG Mitch Petrus but I value an upgrade on the O-line over an upgrade at RB. An upgrade on the O-line improves all aspects of the offense not just the running game. I don't know anything about him but I agree with teaching Gettis to run proper routes and holding onto the ball and in the 7th round we've got nothing to lose, low risk/high reward situation.

What do you think about Linval Joseph's height issue? Tall DT/NT have trouble getting their pads low enough to gain leverage. I'm just afraid he'd get stood up and pushed out of position like Okam does.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote