View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wolf6151 latest mock, pre-combine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Honestly I really don't want Pitts back. He's never been really good in the ZBS, he's now a FA= big pay raise, injured, and will be 30 yoa. when the season starts. I'd take Mike Johnson to replace Pitts. I'd take Austin to upgrade our backups at OG/C. I really want Pouncey but he won't be available to us at #51. I really like J.D. Walton as well and would be very happy with him in the 3rd but I think we've got to take a RB in the top 3 rounds and I'm taking OG before RB. We've got to upgrade the O-line or no RB is going anywhere. I'm also looking forward to how the big guys do in the agility tests, benchpress, and vertical jump. It's funny you mention Gettis in the 7th as I was looking for a tall WR here but couldn't make up my mind between a WR or QB to put on the practice squad. If Gettis has size and speed why is he only listed as a 7th round selection, somethings got to be wrong with him?
Kubiac recently responded that Pitts is "ready to go today". While never a super star he played pretty well for years and this was his first season to miss a game. I don't see any guard beating him out next year as a starter which allows time to develop the LG. I can see Pitts as wanting to stay with his drafting team for his last contract and accept a reasonable increase. I can see drafting Johnson to replace Pitts next season (if he can) but if you are going to do that, why not a similar guard later? I also think part of Pitts problem was a new LT he had to help out every season. Even Salaam. In fact, Winston mentioned that on his radio show on 610 about 6 weeks ago.

What do you think about the Arkansas OG Petrus in comparison to Johnson?
Foster did pretty well behind our Oline last 3 games. If Gettis was a starter he would not be in 7th. That body with that unbelievable speed, you can coach him to run patterns and get loose, especially with AJ and our TE's. Holding the ball may be an issue, but we have dealt with that on much higher draft picks than a 7.