View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010   #79
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WalterFootball 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Gerhart will be a better NFL all around back because of his balance, his center of gravity is lower. Dwyer is a big, tall back & a much less elusive target to mark. Gerhart is short & stocky, very durable his entire Senior year & reliable hands.
Dwyer looks to have great balance to me. I think he is quicker than Gerhart and gets more force behind his runs. I think he is more explosive. You can see that in the stats a little bit when you talk about long runs and catches. We'll see what happens when teams can get these guys out of their element during the combine. Gerhart and Dwyer can show teams what they can do in the pass catching/blocking game.

The question for me is, do you wait until the 3rd round to get Gerhart or do you make a move on a Jonathan Dwyer or Ryan Matthews earlier. Both have similiar, maybe better power than Gerhart and have better than 4.6 speed. One of them might be available in the 2nd round by our pick but it's doubtful. We'd have to trade down in the 1st round, or trade up in the 2nd round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Thats a pretty big assumption - Gerhart is a physical runner with good speed , shifty moves and great balance - the only question about him is his tendancy to not keep contact with the ball on three points ..... I think he may turn out to be a very good pro if he can solve that issue. I dont think he will have a long career because of the physicality of his running but I do think with the right coaching he will be a very good back. I'd take him in the thrid round without question - pending that two of the three of the following were addressed in the forst two rounds - DL , OL and secondary.
I'd take Gerhart in the 3rd round for sure, probably not in the 2nd round though. I expect him to run a 4.6 and that is pretty representative of his speed. He won't be a home-run hitter but may be able to wear others teams down with his physical style. Let's just hope he learns to protect the ball when he runs.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote