View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010   #3
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Defense Draft in 1st 4rds

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdawg View Post
I love these kind of mocks. Most teams employ what I call a "shotgun" approach to the draft. By that I mean they seem to draft one guy for the secondary, one guy for the D-line, one guy for RB, one guy for O-line, one reciever, one LB, ect.

The team may have a glarring deficiency in one area, such as O-line, and still only draft one guy to fix the whole line. And then have an obvious strength say D-line and take high draft choices to add depth. I understand BPA, and percieved value. But as a fan, I'm a firm believer in drafting for need and eliminating a weakness and turning it into a strength.

The Texans have the luxury of being a pretty talented team. A shotgun approach would probably be the best approach because the team is just a few scattered pieces away from going deep in the playoffs.

I really like your pick of Cam Thomas DT--been watching him slowly move up boards. I expect a 3-4 team to pick him up as a nose tackle.
I see the Bills taking a look, they are converting over to a 3-4. no latter than 2nd rd. doubt he'll still be there in 3rd.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote