View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010   #76
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WalterFootball 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
There isn't much difference between Gerhart and Dwyer running the ball or catching the ball. Gerhart is better at pass protection. Both are what the Texans need as a RB in terms of style.

The reason I've got Dwyer rated above Gerhart is Gerharts past knee injury history and his fumbling issues.

Without the past knee injuries Gerhart is a 2nd rd pick. I dropped him to the 3rd because of this.

Do you really want to draft a RB with an injury history to be the Texans feature RB? Ahman Green

Or a RB that has fumbling issues? Slaton

I like Gerhart but am wary of making him the Texans no.1 RB. Sign a FA RB and draft Gerhart in the 3rd rd. I've got no problems with this strategy
Gerhart will be a better NFL all around back because of his balance, his center of gravity is lower. Dwyer is a big, tall back & a much less elusive target to mark. Gerhart is short & stocky, very durable his entire Senior year & reliable hands.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote