View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010   #75
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WalterFootball 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Really? Gerhart is nothing more than a FB with good speed? Watch some games. Watch when he gets the ball with space, hell, he is more agile than Dwyer laterally.

The OLine is a bit of a concern, but look when they played superior opponents, he still averages 5+ yards per carry. If anything, Dwyer's system is better for RB's. There are 3 legitimate threats on the field. The D has account for all of them. The QB (Nesbitt) chooses the best looking option, which is normally the one with the least defenders in the area. Look what happened when GT faced a good D. Against Iowa he averaged a staggering 3.5 yards per carry.
There isn't much difference between Gerhart and Dwyer running the ball or catching the ball. Gerhart is better at pass protection. Both are what the Texans need as a RB in terms of style.

The reason I've got Dwyer rated above Gerhart is Gerharts past knee injury history and his fumbling issues.

Without the past knee injuries Gerhart is a 2nd rd pick. I dropped him to the 3rd because of this.

Do you really want to draft a RB with an injury history to be the Texans feature RB? Ahman Green

Or a RB that has fumbling issues? Slaton

I like Gerhart but am wary of making him the Texans no.1 RB. Sign a FA RB and draft Gerhart in the 3rd rd. I've got no problems with this strategy
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote