View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010   #73
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WalterFootball 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Thats absolutely crazy. Dwyer is 10X more natural RB than Gerhart who is really nothing more than a FB with good speed who looked better than he really is because he ran behind an OL that consistantly opened huge holes for him. You put Dwyer behind Stanfords line and he blows away anything Gerhart accomplished.

There really is no comparison between the two. Dwyer is a first round talented RB, Gerhart is (at best) a 3rd round talent.
Thats a pretty big assumption - Gerhart is a physical runner with good speed , shifty moves and great balance - the only question about him is his tendancy to not keep contact with the ball on three points ..... I think he may turn out to be a very good pro if he can solve that issue. I dont think he will have a long career because of the physicality of his running but I do think with the right coaching he will be a very good back. I'd take him in the thrid round without question - pending that two of the three of the following were addressed in the forst two rounds - DL , OL and secondary.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote