View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010   #14
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Scott Wrights DraftCountdown.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Some people around here are under the impression that you cannot be successful with two gap penetrating DTs. They think that you "must" have a definitive NT.

It's just untrue. There are plenty of teams that have been successful in the past and present by employing four pass rushers on the d line.

Speed on defense is critical in the NFL and I would say that it is only absolutely necessary to have a big run stuffing NT if you run a 34. In any other style of defense it is a preference, not a necessity.

Okay, I was wrong. So if the Texans employ a two gap scheme for the DTs, does this explain why Amobi Okoye doesn't have eye-popping stats? Two-gap DTs main responsibilty is to keep linemen off of the linebackers, correct?

So maybe Brian Price wouldn't be a bad idea, however, I think we could get another DT later on like Tyson Alualu.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote