View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010   #49
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: First Edition: rmartin65, badboy, beerlover Texans Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
I think this was Brown's 2nd bad year with us. Remember the 05 season (2-14)? I think he lost several games for us that year and a number of people on this board wanted to run him out of town with CC and HWSNBN! There was a game in Baltimore and the so called "Reggie Bowl" in San Fran that come to mind. He seems to have a pattern of 3 good years followed by 1 bad year (01 bad with Pitt, 02, 03, 04 good, 05 bad, 06, 07, 08 good, 09 bad ....). Not sure what's up with that, but it could mean he's back with us next season and kicking lights out again.

Anyway, you're probably right about them not going after a Kicker in the Draft but bringing in FA's instead (see Medlock tryout). I don't think Kubes would be willing to risk this season on a Rookie Kicker. JMHO!

agreed. and I don't know how many times I posted Garret Hartley, the kid from South Lake Carrol on these boards...but it was a few times. And there the guy is kicking in the big game. I think they'll stand pat. Judging by the trend, Brown has two good years due. I hope.

I really like the Georgia Punter , Butler, though. Got the blood lines and he can flat out boom the ball. but that option is a long ways down the line.