View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010   #44
ToxicButt
Rookie

Rep Power: 140 ToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2010 Draft Philosophy - Immediate impact

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
It is a function of the Texans philosophy. The Texans have not prioitized the RB position via the draft, they've gone the free agent route instead, with unsatisfactory results. They said something like "we targeted Shonn Greene & Glen Coffee but both where off the board by our pick (3rd)". My fear is that history repeats itself.
That's exactly why I want them to take RB in the first or second round. since Spiller won't be there and I think there's a group of backs that follow, the best course is probably for them to take the highest rated back with the 2nd round pick.

I don't want them getting cute and waiting for the perfect value in Round 3, only to see that all the RB's in the group after Spiller are gone. There's a void of talent at RB and you have to put some resources there.
ToxicButt is offline   Reply With Quote