View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010   #27
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2010 Draft Philosophy - Immediate impact

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Yup don't set yourself up for disappointment thinking guys are routinely going to come in and be a Ryans or Cushing. Many years teams will get a heavy impact player but often it isn't the top pick and even then that doesn't mean perform at a pro-bowl level. I would add CB and OG as other positions where folks often contribute early.
understand your meaning & people make this mistake all the time especially when the record doesn't measure up to the sum of its parts. The only thing we set ourselves up for in the disapointment department is not becoming a legitimate playoff contender SOONER (this year) than LATER (years after next).

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
It was tough to watch. I will disagree on the size of the RB. I just don't think this coaching staff is size oriented. They are style oriented. Chris Brown looks like an exception but he played their style in college under Gibbs. And personally I think a team would be silly to pass on a MJD because he is 208 lbs.
Maybe I'm wrong but I don't have confidence in this organization to have the mentality to run it successfully with this type of RB. Dennison hasn't excatly set the league on fire in Denver with a pounding running game? another thing that bothers me is the similarity between Broncos & Texans injury history, none of their backs can make it even one full season healthy, not to mention our own. Is this a function of ZBS? Can both OL's be the problem? Or is it the physcial make-up of the backs they aquire?

This is a prime reason when I did my first Texans mock http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68968 I took a RB in both 1st & 3rd rds. One lightening (Spiller) one thunder (Dixon). I've since elevated Ben Tate to the Texans lone selection @ RB via the draft in the 3rd rd. because he does not have the injury history, he's flourished in the SEC, excellent blocking back (to replace Brown) & is the physical specimen 5-10 215 to fit scheme & play through the contact he will surely be expoused to.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote