View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010   #20
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2010 Draft Philosophy - Immediate impact

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicButt View Post

As for the OL, i think our running game suffered greatly because Slaton wasn't healthy. He certainly wasn't quick to the hole and didn't read well. Also, the loss of Pitts hurt quite a bit. It can be credibly argued that our run blocking should be at least average if you bring back pitts and add some talent in the middle rounds. What's missing is a dynamic RB like what Slaton provided.

I'd love for CJ spiller to fall to us at 19 or 20, as Zerlein thinks he will. He's a playmaker period and would be hard to pass on.
The reason Slaton is hurt is because....say it with me...there were no holes. nada. Zilich. Zero.

Pick any of the first fourteen games you choose and if you love o-line play it flat out hurts to watch the carnage and slop. I love our young ZBS guys and they will develop. But they stunk up the house last year. You can look at the rushing stats and see they clearly weren't ready for prime time. Once they hit Miami, who was dinged up... which meant they were playing talent commiserate with theirs, they, the o-line, got on a roll. For two games. Now on the one hand you could say the "guys" were coming together and there is no need to address it early.

Or you could realize although the sky isn't quite falling.....they've got to hit at least a guy who will elevate the level of competition. And believing you're going to get that latter, possible, is setting your self up for another Charles Spencer type season. they gotta know about their rushing attack and they gotta know after the draft. If you see a free agent out there, please do tell. But if there are no holes, I don't care if the dude is fast as sin...he ain't going to be worth squat until the o-line starts blocking and making holes.

I highly doubt they take another sub 210 pound running back, not early anyway.