View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010   #17
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2010 Draft Philosophy - Immediate impact

Quote:
Originally Posted by krocket View Post
There are a good number of restricted free-agents including some pro-bowlers. It is not cheap to procure a RFA, but it can and has been done. This year may a good one to give it a try since there are some teams that may not have the money to compete with us. So I guess I just can't agree with your statement.
I think the best use of this strategy is when you see a guy with a minimium tender which will require a late round pick versus the earlier rounds. We have done this twice. Once we got Kevin Walter for a 7th and the other we got Myers.

RFA who have higher tender require both a large dollar contract and the lost of high draft picks meaning the player needs to be a true difference making player for it to be worthwhile.