View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
This may sound stupid, but I think Harrington has taken more hits then Carr, although Carr has more sacks taken. In the games I saw, Harrington would throw and duck.
Thats what Ducks do with the exception of Dan Fouts who stood in there and continually had his bell rung. Everybody thinks the Lions had a great draft but yet they passed on the player they should have taken Kellen Winslow, instead they traded him for a 2nd round pick & Roy Williams.

The only thing that makes some sense to me about why they did this was uncertainty with Rogers health. They just threw a whole lot of money at the WR position when what they needed was a blocking, intermediate playmaking target like Winslow, love him or hate him I guess it made too much sense for Detroit so they got cute.

IMO Harrington will always be a Duck, a sitting Duck as long as Detroit does not address basics like blocking, salary cap managemnet and players that complement one another. At least the Texans got their #1 & #2 players, that should improve the system, compliment one another and fit within the salary cap of one top 10 WR.

One more thing for the record New England had the best draft :hehe:
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote