View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010   #4
ToxicButt
Rookie

Rep Power: 140 ToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2010 Draft Philosophy - Immediate impact

my god, i look at my moniker of Toxicbutt and I'm reminded that I joined this board when my kid was in diapers, hence the name.

Ole Miss - I think RB is much greater a need than interior OL. Slaton is a huge question mark, which means we have nothing proven and are light on talent. While there will be backs available in the middle rounds, I'd lean toward picking a RB in the first or second round because that guy is going to get 10-15 carries a game, unless he's a bust. That's more impact than anyone else could make as a rookie.

As for the OL, i think our running game suffered greatly because Slaton wasn't healthy. He certainly wasn't quick to the hole and didn't read well. Also, the loss of Pitts hurt quite a bit. It can be credibly argued that our run blocking should be at least average if you bring back pitts and add some talent in the middle rounds. What's missing is a dynamic RB like what Slaton provided.

I'd love for CJ spiller to fall to us at 19 or 20, as Zerlein thinks he will. He's a playmaker period and would be hard to pass on.

I guess the bottom line to me is that there will be good talent in all rounds, but RB is unique because it presents the greatest opportunity to make an immediate and significant impact for us. With that in mind, if players are graded closely in the early rounds, I'd pick the RB.
ToxicButt is offline   Reply With Quote