View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010   #5
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Re: Fox Sports Mock Draft 1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
We do have a starting FS in Eugene Wilson. If DR is gone, we need a strong candidate to replace him. Kyle Wilson is the second best CB in draft. I like Quin but not sure he is ready for starter role & I would not put Reeves against the best WR opponent. I really, really like Thomas but as a CB, I have to move him behind Haden, Wilson and maybe Perrish Cox. Earl can play two key positions, but I am unsure if his hip swivel is where it needs to be. How fast is Mathews?
Has our safety play been so bad in this franchise's short history that we think Eugene "I played half the season" Wilson is the answer at FS? Wilson is serviceable, but if Thomas is there then he's a great value pick plus a possible ballhawk (which we've never had at safety) in the secondary.

Its very similar to the Cushing pick last year. Diles was a solid SAM, but he was also coming off a broken leg and even if healthy Cushing provided an upgrade. Wilson's a solid FS but he's not getting any younger and even if he's healthy I don't see him being better than Thomas.

Not to mention the fact that we'd actually have some quality depth in the secondary considering both Wilson and Thomas can play CB if needed. Plus, against the Colts three wides it would be useful to have 2 solid cover safeties that can play some CB against Indy's weapons.