View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010   #49
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 178253 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WalterFootball 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Maybe we can take a gamble on a D2 running back? IDK of any off the top of my head but I'm gonna look into some of the D2 talent out there and see what they have.
Here's my game plan for the Texans:

1.) Get Earl Thomas or Joe Haden

2.) Maurkice Pouncey

3.) Toby Gerhart (?) or Mitch Petrus (He can be coached and had a solid senior season from what I saw)

4.) Kade Weston (Maybe early but at 6'5" 325-lbs he can stop the run and get to the QB, I just think he is something special.)

5.) Get a CB or some defensive player

6.) Get another offensive player

7.) Zoltan Mesko (Punter)

FA get a kicker to compete with Kris Brown.
Bolded above is a good idea if it works. Remember Kubiac saying he wanted Glenn Coffee who went before we selected? The last two years Kubes had stated the priority need of a big back that can get short yardage and first down or move the pile to keep our D off the field and to score in the Red Zone. We have failed at that miserably. A Gerhart type that has carried the rock for almost 2,000 yards & seems to get stronger the more he runs reminds me of Earl Campbell. Why wait on someone you HOPE is there? No thanks. We can get a cover corner (Kyle Wilson), a power feature back who found the end zone 28 times(TG) a center in JD Walton that is one of two players that might beat out Myers first year. Let's do that.