Originally Posted by HuttoKarl
just did another this morning and came up with this...
New one since work is slow...
1. Jonathan Dwyer RB GTech - big back, nice TD totals.
2. Maurkice Pouncey C Florida - versatile, big and strong.
3. Javier Arenas CB Alabama - sort of small but still makes big plays. Has value in return game too.
4. Linval Joseph DT E.Carolina - Huge tackle that can get into a backfield and collapse a pocket.
5. Van Eskridge FS E. Carolina - 6 picks, 9 breakups. We need this badly.
5. Andre Dixon RB UConn - 1000+ yards, 14 scores, one DUI...kept his nose clean since. Worth a fifth round shot.
6. Marshall Newhouse, OG TCU - had a nice E-W Shrine game.
7. Aaron Pettrey, PK Ohio State - I truly want Kris Brown gone. This guy showed accuracy and strength.
This version of my mock would probably mean that we resigned Chester Pitts and didn't have a gross need at Guard. Again...went with the 2 RB (meaning we struck out at RB in free agency) draft.
I agree with Beerlover and have some of the same guys on my current mock as this. Like him, I doubt Pouncy will be on the board that late in 2nd round. A suggestion is to look at JD Walton Baylor center in 3rd allowing you to use your 2nd for a CB.
Another suggestion is compare Dwyer to Toby Gerhart. I was on Dwyers bandwagon and if we get him, good; but for me TG is better. I also had Dixon & Newhouse reversed with Dixon in 6th. His speed concerns as Walter has him at 4.45 but most others have him slower. Like you I think Pitts may return and Newhouse should be a good replacement eventually. Anyway, great effort.