View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010   #25
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lol, Jacksonville

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootini View Post
Funny, this pic is near the Student seating for the Swamp. Let's see, the Gators coming off National Champions w/history of over 100 years playing. Also, Gainesville is 2 hours south of Jacksonville. Jags were coming off a season 5-11. Which would a bandwagoner pay their money to see?

Hey Mouth, I don't make a lot of $, but I support both Gators and Jags. There isn't any excuse for the Jags to have 7 blacked out games last year. I was there for all the games. The economy hit the small businesses who mostly bought season tickets for the Jags...mostly building companies/contractors/land scaping/ect..when the housing market took a crash, so did their business. Cut backs = tickets. When you don't get over 17K re-newed ticket sales in 2009. It's going to be hard to sell out your games. So, far for this season, ticket sales have improved a lot.
Good. All of the jabs and ribbings aside, I would honestly feel bad for the fans of Jacksonville if the Jags moved. Having lived through the exit of my team, I don't wish that on any fans.