View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010   #24
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lol, Jacksonville

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouthOfTheSouth View Post
Yes and Conversely, the economy is booming in Detroit, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Buffalo. Jacksonville's economy just isn't up to par with those major cities. Its so bad, that people in Jacksonville can't afford to watch ANY kind of football.

Yup, people in Jacksonville just don't have the money to attend any football games right now.
Funny, this pic is near the Student seating for the Swamp. Let's see, the Gators coming off National Champions w/history of over 100 years playing. Also, Gainesville is 2 hours south of Jacksonville. Jags were coming off a season 5-11. Which would a bandwagoner pay their money to see?

Hey Mouth, I don't make a lot of $, but I support both Gators and Jags. There isn't any excuse for the Jags to have 7 blacked out games last year. I was there for all the games. The economy hit the small businesses who mostly bought season tickets for the Jags...mostly building companies/contractors/land scaping/ect..when the housing market took a crash, so did their business. Cut backs = tickets. When you don't get over 17K re-newed ticket sales in 2009. It's going to be hard to sell out your games. So, far for this season, ticket sales have improved a lot.
mootini is offline   Reply With Quote