View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010   #42
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11706 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: First Edition: rmartin65, badboy, beerlover Texans Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
IMO, our kickers will remain the same. Brown had his first bad year with Houston. Remember, Pittsburgh dumped him after one bad year and he was lights out for us for years. I think FA will be brought in to compete, in fact a note on another thread had team looking at one or two guys already. Matt Turk is almost eligible for Social Security but had another decent year.
I think this was Brown's 2nd bad year with us. Remember the 05 season (2-14)? I think he lost several games for us that year and a number of people on this board wanted to run him out of town with CC and HWSNBN! There was a game in Baltimore and the so called "Reggie Bowl" in San Fran that come to mind. He seems to have a pattern of 3 good years followed by 1 bad year (01 bad with Pitt, 02, 03, 04 good, 05 bad, 06, 07, 08 good, 09 bad ....). Not sure what's up with that, but it could mean he's back with us next season and kicking lights out again.

Anyway, you're probably right about them not going after a Kicker in the Draft but bringing in FA's instead (see Medlock tryout). I don't think Kubes would be willing to risk this season on a Rookie Kicker. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote