View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010   #37
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: First Edition: rmartin65, badboy, beerlover Texans Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
see folks this is the type of in depth behind the scenes exchanges that shape draft boards

it is however a good example of addressing needs @ a specific position & how that affects a group of existing players who are developing or can be upgraded while targeting for need. Initially my target was Jacoby Ford, Clemson track star/WR but we came to the understanding he would get a 4th rd. grade (much closer to becoming an impact player immediately) so down the list until we agreed on a 5th rd. grade for Barnes (no return skills) & Holliday 7th as returner/3rd down slot WR. So Ford could do both, make a quicker transition but we all agreed not as big of need as addressing interior DT.
Haha, it was something like that.

Getting Ford would be nice, but it was nicer to get Joseph (Big DT), Barnes and Holliday. Depending on how things go down at the combine (if Holliday runs sub 4.25 he is worth a 5th rounder. If not, I would keep Barnes and look for a new 7th rounder), this is a pretty realistic draft, in my opinion.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote